Acne can be a pain the butt. It is a common fact that it hits teenagers most of the time. But it is also a fact that sometimes it can start or continue into adulthood. A lot of factor can be attributed to that. And sometimes it can be hard to treat that some people opt to go straight to experts to get it treated. But what if you don’t have the money for consultation? And do not forget the prescriptions after it. Yeah, acne can be a tough battle to win.
What does one do if he or she does not have the financial resources? You don’t have to look that far. Just go to your kitchen and rummage your cupboards, cabinets, or fridge – wherever you put your eggs in. Yes, eggs are very helpful in fighting acne. Egg whites, specifically. Eggs are staples in the kitchen most of the time – unless you are one of those people who doesn’t cook and opt for take-outs. Just a suggestion though: the next time you stop by at the grocery store to buy your shampoo or toothpaste, stop by at the aisle where the eggs are. Pick up a few. They are cheap, nutritious, and are easy to cook. Eggs contain a lot of vitamins and protein that can help renew skin cells, kill bacteria, and absorb the excess oil. It is very simple to prepare. All you need are eggs – about two to three. Just follow these simple steps to prepare you own egg white mask.
- Separate the white from the yolk. All you need is the white, anyway.
- Beat it until it becomes frothy and let it rest for about two to three minutes.
- Before you use it, wash your face first and pat it dry.
- Focus your application more on the problem areas. You can layer it for three to four times but make sure that the first application has completely dried off before you add another layer.
- Let the egg white rest on your face for twenty minutes to maximize absorption.
- Rinse it thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry with a towel.
- Finish off with a moisturizer. Egg whites can dry off your skin. While you think, it’s okay since you are battling with excess oil, think again. When your skin is so dry, its defense mechanism is to produce more oil. So, don’t forget to moisturize.
Now what happens to the egg yolks? Please don’t throw them away. You know, you can always cook them. Maybe, add it as an ingredient to one of your recipes. Everything that’s inside that shell is useful.